Friday 8 July 2011

Asseyez-vous Madam, si vous plait...........



For a long time now I've had this notion to have a go at this particular chair as created by Lea Frisoni (I tried to post her link but it looks like the site has changed) but didn't have a specific place in mind for it until I started working on the bedroom belonging to the lady of the house.

It took me all last Saturday afternoon to create the frame and all Wednesday afternoon to upholster it! The fabric could have done with being a bit finer as it was tricky to stick down but it's done now and I'm very pleased with it.


I just had to see what the collection of Cranberry glass looked like when placed in it's final position and I think I need to get another couple of pieces. The trouble will be remembering what I've already got!

This room is very nearly complete. I'm just looking for a suitable rug then I'll be back with more pictures.

8 comments:

  1. The chair is beautiful, perfect for a refined Lady. I also love the wallpaper and the table with the roses ...
    The room with the glass collection is fabulous (I'll ask a lot of tips !!!), I am honored to recognize a bust on the mantelpiece ...
    I am eager for new photos :-)
    Mini hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene, The chair came out really wonderful and is so perfect for the room! Love your glass collection! It looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chair is Beautiful, Irene! And so perfect for the room. Where did you get such tiny braided trim? Did you make it yourself? I love the cranberry glass too.... it is so delicate and uncommon! The whole room is really looking elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your chair, you can be very pleased with it.The shelves are perfect to display your collection of glass.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your nice comments everyone. I nearly bought more Cranberry glass last week but didn't as I couldn't remember exactly what pieces I already had.

    I had a lot of fun making that chair. So much so, that I'll probably make another. I'm pleased with the way this room is looking but there are still a few purchases to make before it's complete and I can show you all the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Irene,
    I just love your chair and the room. All your work is beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Irene,

    I do love your Cranberry glasses, they are so delicate, I always wonder how people can manage to make things so dainty. Perhaps take a photo with you next time you go to look at the class.

    And I think you should send Lea a picture of your chair.....you have done an amazing job.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Irene, I just love the bedroom, the chair is beautiful you've made a brilliant job of it!
    Aileen

    ReplyDelete

blogger templates | Make Money Online